Terms and Conditions
Hire and Tour Liability
BICYCLES & EQUIPMENT, TOURS
Bicycles & Equipment Hire Conditions
- The hirer is responsible for all hired items provided by Cycle Auckland Limited for both themselves and any other rider included in the hire during the period of responsibility.
- The hirer recognises that any personal injury caused to himself, themselves or by them to others during the period of responsibility is not the responsibility of Cycle Auckland Limited.
- The hirer accepts that all hired items provided by Cycle Auckland Limited are to be returned to Cycle Auckland Limited at 66B Rukutai St, Mission Bay upon completion of the period of responsibility.
- The hirer accepts that they are responsible for the cost of replacement, repair or other remedy should any loss or damage occur to the hired items during the period of responsibility.
- An open credit card imprint may be taken as security.
Booking & payment arrangements:
- For each rider a deposit of 25% of the total cost of the selected tour is required to make a reservation. In the event of cancellation of the reservation by the client within 30 days of a tour no refund will be made, for periods longer than 30 days a refund of the reservation fee paid less a $50 booking fee for each booking shall be made. No agreement shall exist between Cycle Auckland Limited until a reservation has been made and acknowledged in writing by Cycle Auckland Limited. Credit card payments attract a 3% surcharge.
- The balance of the total cost of a tour shall be paid within 30 days of the tours commencement. Cancellation by the client within 30 days of the commencement of a tour will result in no refund. Credit Card payments attract a 3% surcharge.
- Cycle Auckland Limited reserves the right to cancel any guided tour if minimum numbers have not been reached. Cycle Auckland Limited will only cancel a self guided tour for reasons beyond our control, in this unlikely event we will endeavor to provide a refund.
- Cycle Auckland Limited reserves the right to resell reserved spaces without notice if payment has not been made in full by the required date. Cycle Auckland reserves the right to decline to accept or retain any participant at any time.
- Cycle Auckland reserves the right to amend services or prices should it become necessary in the interests of safety or other unforeseen circumstances. In the event of such changes Cycle Auckland Limited will provide services equal to or exceeding those advertised, if at all possible, and will advise clients of these changes at the earliest possible date.
- The client is responsible for making the appropriate arrangements enabling arrival at the tour commencement assembly point in good time.
- Bookings are accepted on the understanding that clients are aware that they are taking part in an activity (cycling) that involves certain inherent risks, including inclement weather, rough conditions, illness and accidents that might cause themselves and others injury or loss and damage to their own or others property. Despite these risks they wish to take part in that activity and accept accept sole responsibility for their own safety.
- Additionally, the client will not make any claim against Cycle Auckland Limited or its officers, employees or agents in respect of my taking part in the activity, including for any injury, loss or damage suffered by themselves or others.
- The client must be physically fit and have no health or other reason that they should not participate in the activity. For guided activities the client consents to receiving medical attention, which Cycle Auckland Limited considers necessary or desirable. This does not mean Cycle Auckland Limited has to arrange medical attention.
- Cycle Auckland Limited advise you to purchase sufficient travel, accident, medical, luggage and cancellation insurance. We suggest that you talk to your travel agent as this is your sole responsibility.
Claims and Complaints procedure
- If a client has a complaint during the tour, the client should inform the Tour Guide or the relevant supplier immediately who will endeavor to rectify the matter. If the client’s complaint cannot be resolved locally the client must write to Cycle Auckland Limited within 28 days of the completion of the tour.
The laws of New Zealand apply. Each client agrees that these laws are binding on themselves, their heirs, their legal assigns, and administrators and executors.